Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cinnamon and Basil Oils

Hey guys! It's all about kitchen magic for me today. First up, two of my favourite ingredients. I use the cinnamon when I make sweet quick breads and basil for meats. Recipes for the oils to follow later :) 

Now I'll say it: I am lazy. Really really lazy. So after messing around, I found the easiest and less-messiest ways possible. Enjoy 💖

Basil Oil

Ingredients
1 cup torn basil leaves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Instructions
Wash basil leaves and roughly tear them, this will start to bring out the basil juices. Place the oil and basil on a jar and tightly seal. Place in a cool dark place for a week before using. Works really well when used to roast chicken. 



Cinnamon Oil

Ingredients
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Instructions 
Place oil and cinnamon in a glass jar and warm in the microwave for 1 min. I usually make it when I need it, but it'll keep. It's ready to go now, or to save. It's amazing in cinnamon breads and pumpkin spice muffins. Recipe can be doubled or tripled. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment